At Shire Timber Group, we’ve been designing, manufacturing and erecting timber frame buildings for over 20 years. Servicing customers across the UK, we’re armed with the most experienced design team in the industry and a huge 80.000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility. We can take control of the whole timber frame design process for you and offer an on-site erection service carried out to the highest industry standards. We are confident there is no better timber frame manufacturer operating in the industry today.
Nationwide Timber Frame Supply For Over 20 Years
Choose Shire Timber Group with Confidence
When you choose Shire Timber Group as your timber frame suppliers, you’re choosing to work with a company who:
- Has been in the industry for over 20 years
- The capacity (80,000 sq. ft. factory) to deal with projects of any size
- Is environmentally ethical and uses sustainably sourced timber (PEFC)
- Takes pride in our high quality service levels
- Offers the complete package: in-house design, manufacturing and installation
- Fully insured for the largest of projects
- Precision manufacture to ISO 9001 quality standards
The Benefits of Timber Frame
- Quick turnaround – Timber frame buildings can be completed in a much quicker timescale than with traditional build methods
- Engineered accuracy – As a precision product made in a controlled factory environment, timber frames offer levels of accuracy that cannot be achieved with traditional on-site construction
- Thermal efficiency – Timber frames have a thermal efficiency (low U-value) far exceeding that achieved by the use of traditional building materials, making your building warmer and cheaper to heat
- Reduced costs – Because timber frames are manufactured off site and erected quickly, site costs are much reduced
- Site efficiency and safety – With the structure made in a safe factory environment, the amount of risky on-site work is reduced, making the build simpler and safer
- Energy efficiency – Little energy is consumed in the manufacture of a timber frame building
- Environmentally friendly – Raw materials are drawn from renewable resources and timber is a natural, non-toxic and fully biodegradable material
Understanding Timber Frame – Fast, Thermally Efficient Builds
Timber frame construction has been used throughout the UK and entire Northern Hemisphere for over a century, proving to be both reliable and excellent value for money. As building regulations are continually revised to improve the thermal efficiency of buildings, timber frame construction is better suited because it is more easily adaptable to modern construction requirements than traditional brick and block construction. Insulation can be integrated within the timber frame panel. Higher sound insulation is also achieved when you build with timber frame due to the structural break which is formed between buildings. It’s the perfect choice when a high quality build with a fast erection time is required.
The Complete Package – Delivered Fast, Effectively and Efficiently
At Shire Timber Group, we offer our complete timber frame solution nationwide. From our 80,000 sq. ft. facility in Leeds, we design and manufacture all our high-quality timber frame and SIPS panels, floor cassettes, as well as roof trusses, I-joists and metal-web joists – all to ISO 9001 quality standards. All timber used is kiln dried, PEFC certified and can be supplied treated to protect from insect attack and decay.
Shire Timber Group have the most experienced design team in the UK, with the Design Directors and Managers having devoted their entire careers to their trade. When it comes to timber frame, we really are the experts, and have designed projects in timber frame that other suppliers said were not possible. Our record for delivering projects to programme is unmatched in the industry. Call us to find out why so many companies will only trust Shire with their timber frame build.