For over 20 years, Shire Timber Group have been experts in the supply of the largest and most complex timber frame, SIPS, roof and floor structures. With a long established and fully in-house timber engineering department, we have the expertise to provide you with a cost-effective solution to any project. With our large and experienced team of estimators, designers and project managers serving customers across Yorkshire and the entire UK, we’re able to tackle any domestic or commercial project – no matter how big or small.
Shire Timber Group – A Timber Engineering Company
In-House Design, Manufacture and Installation
At Shire Timber Group, we offer the complete package when it comes to your timber engineering project. This includes in-house design, manufacturing and installation management. We help ensure that your project runs as smoothly as possible. Look to us when you’re in the market for:
- A high quality supplier of timber frame, SIPs panels, roof trusses, I-joists, metal-web joists and other timber products.
- Supply and fit service on timber frame and roof trusses.
- Expert advice on the best use of timber in construction.
- A well established timber merchant that carries large timber stocks.
With a fleet of HIAB crane delivery vehicles and easy access to the M1 motorway, we can supply timber frames, engineered joists, roof trusses and SIPs structures throughout the Yorkshire region and nationwide, as well as a whole host of other timber products.
A long history of expertise.
Shire Timber Group was formed in 1996 following a management buyout of the Leeds depot of Builders Mate (formally Hunter Timber). Shire Timber Group was founded by the current Chairman, Mark Crowther, who has over 40 years of experience within the timber industry. Each of the other Directors have worked in the industry for their entire careers and have a genuine love of their work. This is reflected in the way that Shire Timber Group operate; there is a focus on ensuring that you the customer always get what you need, on time and to a high quality. On the rare occasions that we don’t get it right, we make sure that any problem is dealt with swiftly and efficiently. Some of our customers have dealt with us for all of the 20 years we have been trading – a testament to the fact that we really do care about doing business the right way.
Choosing to work with Shire Timber Group means you’re choosing to work with supplier who:
- Has been in the industry for over 20 years
- Offers the complete package; in-house design, manufacturing and installation
- Is environmentally ethical and uses sustainably sourced timber (PEFC)
- Is dedicated to and takes pride in high quality service levels